The “I’m sick and hungry” disaster bowl
Alright so I’ve been sick for a few days now and I’ve been living off of a mostly liquid diet due to not being able to handle solid foods, but I was basically dying for something not water/soup/juice so I hauled myself out of bed, looked around at what we had, and came up with this delicious disaster.
Prep Time: ~5 minutes
Cook Time: 20
- 2 eggs
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- pinch of salt
- dried oregano
- olive oil
- 1 small Roma tomato, cut into thick slices
- oyster or soy sauce (i prefer oyster sauce)
1. Cook rice. If you don’t have a rice cooker or don’t know how to do it in a pan, click for a tutorial
2. While the rice is cooking, set up your other ingredients. I got four slices out of my roma, I chopped my garlic, and set out my olive oil and butter and oregano.
3. In a small frying pan, combine a pat of butter with a few light dashes of olive oil over low heat. This keeps the butter from burning. Give it about 20-30 seconds to heat up, and then toss in the garlic and a few shakes of oregano. Let that saute for maybe another minute or so.
4. Add in the tomato, slice by slice. Fry it on each side for about a minute to two minutes, depending on how soft you like your slices. I like mine kinda firm-ish, so I did it for about 30-45 seconds. When they’re done, transfer them to a plate.
5. Crack your two eggs in the same pan you cooked the tomatoes in and cook them however you like. I don’t like scrambled eggs but I dont really like fried eggs either, so I just toss mine in, let them sit for a minute, and break the yolk so that it spills over the albumen, and then i chop it up.
6. build your bowl however you like. i dumped the eggs in the bottom, put a dollop of oyster sauce on top of that, heaped in some rice, mixed that all together until it was combined and then topped it off with the tomatoes.